ADMISSIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS TO MISSISSIPPI VALLEY
Mississippi Valley Montessori School enrolls children in primary programs, which require children to be age 33 months (and fully toilet trained) to 6 years. Mississippi Valley’s academic year begins in late August and runs year round; however, you may enroll your child in our program at any time during the school year if there are openings. We have a 3-day phase-in period for new students.
Mississippi Valley admits children regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin and grants them access to all rights, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its education policies and school-administered programs.
1. Upon receiving your phone call or email, we will:
• Schedule an observation and tour. (These adult-only observations are scheduled during our morning work cycle and allow parents to see how the Children’s House functions. Please call the office to schedule an appointment.)
2. When you make the decision to apply, please submit the following to the school office at 1575 Charlton St., West St. Paul, MN 55118:
• Application form (Opens to a PDF): Enrollment_Application
• A non-refundable $75 application fee.
3. Once we have received your application, we will schedule a visit for your child:
• This will be a time for your child to be with us in the Children’s House during our school day. This visit will occur during our morning work cycle for about 30 minutes. This time allows for your child to interact with the Lead Guide in our environment, meet other children, and work with materials. This is a time for your child to independently explore the Children’s House.
4. After this observation process, if the Lead Guide determines that your child would benefit from the Children’s House environment, the school will:
• Send you an acceptance letter and a packet containing the enrollment contract, health and parent forms.
• Once MVMS receives your signed enrollment contract, along with your $200 deposit, a space will be held for your child.
• Phase-in is a 3 day process at MVMS, if your child is starting in the fall, phase-in happens with all new students as a group. If you are beginning mid-year, you will receive your 3 day phase-in schedule once we have your signed enrollment contract.
If the Guide determines that your child would not flourish in the Children’s House environment, a conference can be arranged to provide you with feedback and a summary of observations. The $75 application fee will not be returned.